CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As post-traumatic stress disorder continues to affect thousands of military men and women, one area Jiu Jitsu instructor is working to help heal local veterans.
Owner and instructor of OZ: the Gorilla Village Gym, Hershel Shoats, is doing what he can to give back to those who have given so much. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is more than just combative martial arts for Navy veteran and former bodybuilder Hershel Shoats, it is an outlet for the brown belt.Read More
- New pop-up relaxation station offers a slice of what students can expect
- The University Counseling Center will present a free screening of Suicide: The Ripple Effect on Thursday, November 7th, from 7 – 9 pm in UC Anchor Ballroom D
- SAFE Grant Raises Suicide Awareness at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Campus
- The Dangers of Linking Gun Violence and Mental Illness
- Hair could be the key to better mental-illness diagnosis in teens